Yum! Who doesn’t love cheesecake? You’re certainly no friend of mine (unless your lactose intolerant of course!) This cheesecake has it all – the perfect combination of rich creamy ingredients, natural wild blueberry preserves, and there is no added sugar, only the sugar inside the preserves. So, if you need to avoid all sugar, you can easily substitute the preserves for a sugar-free option!
My favorite part of all is that it’s purple! It’s a fun desert to set down on a table of chocolate and vanilla competitors, and wow the curious ones…or just delight those craving summer desserts. Don’t let your blueberry picking go to waste! Get out those baskets and garnish away. This is one cheesecake that loves fruit.
- Either a ready-made graham cracker crust (gluten-free) -or-
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 13 ounces Bonne Maman Natural Wild Blueberry Preserves
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tap vanilla extract
Crust – Mix ingredients with a fork until fully moistened. Pour into greased glass pie pan and press against the bottoms and sides of the pan until even. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth.
- Add 12 ounces of the Wild Blueberry Preserves and mix until incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time while mixing.
- Finally, mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Place the crust lined pan on a piece of aluminum foil, and fold it up around the sides of the crust to protect it from the water the cheesecake will cook in.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust lined pan.
- Now, place the cheesecake into a roasting pan and pour boiling water into the pan around it, reaching halfway up the sides of the cheesecake (about 2 cups).
- Bake 45 minutes on 325 degrees.
- Cool for 30 minutes out of the oven.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- You may choose to remove cheesecake from pan for presentation.
- Using the remaining 1 ounce of Blueberry Preserves, spread with a spatula as a topping to the cheesecake. I got a little creative with this crazy star design, but it tastes just as good if you give it a solid coating and garnish with whipped cream and blueberries.
- Garnish with Blueberries. Serve and Enjoy!